Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Last Day

Today is the last day of school. The last day of my first year of teaching.

And for the past two hours, I thought that a beloved student of mine was killed in a car accident. But after crying about her for a while, I found out that it wasn't her, it was her older sister. I have so many students who have lost sisters, brothers, and cousins in car accidents.

Another former student of CDJH was supposedly stabbed thirteen times and killed on Friday. He was in 8th grade last year.

I'm suddenly very happy to be getting out of here for the summer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linds said...

Congrats on your first year! That must be a good feeling. So are you headed home for a while then? Have fun- sounds like a break is really needed.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home