Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Smart Classroom

My 3M Digital Board (basically the same thing as a Smart Board) is finally, finally, finally up and running! While I don't know all about it as of yet, I know that my students and I had fun today reading about Australia and looking at maps and pictures of possums, kualas, kangaroos, Sydney, and the coast. Hopefully, doing this accomplishes two goals in one: it'll help the students visualize the setting and the story of the novel better, and it will broaden their view and knowledge of the world beyond the rez and Phoenix.

Now the Internet is at our fingertips, and I have so many ideas: project book covers for book talks, maps for placing settings, poems, author photos and biographies, art work, etc. Plus, I want to start journaling with my students and projecting my journals, modeling better than I could before the idea of writing as much as possible in the time given.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home